Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory

The latest from the anime world, including industry news and announcements.
Laevatein
Administrator

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory

Postby Laevatein » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:38 pm

After a decade long wait—a fourth season of the popular mecha anime Full Metal Panic! (フルメタル·パニック!, abbreviated FMP!) has been announced with the title of Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (フルメタル·パニック! Invisible Victory). Crunchyroll reports that the announcement came during a fan event held in Akihabara, Tokyo on the 24th October 2015. In attendance was series creator Shoji Gatoh.

Much speculation followed a mysterious "coming soon" announcement, in Dragon Magazine, in September 2014. Further confirmation was provided, at the time, in a Twitter status by light novel illustrator Shikidouji.

This will be the fourth season of the show; following the original 2002 Full Metal Panic! (Gonzo), the 2003 Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu (Kyoto Animation) and the 2005 Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (Kyoto Animation).

The series will undoubtedly follow the story from the light novel; which originally ran from September 9, 1998 – August 20, 2011. The story continuation is also portrayed in the manga Full Metal Panic! Σ (Sigma); which originally ran from August 1, 2005 – September 20, 2013.

A release date for the new season has been revealed to be premiering in fall (September, October, November, December) 2017. A revised release date for the new season has been announced at Anime Expo by Shikidouji to be April 2018. The full title has since been announced as Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory; an expansion of the previous abbreviation IV, which is also the Roman numeral representation for the number four (this being the fourth season).

The animation studio XEBEC will produce the series under direction of Katsuichi Nakayama, and writing and composition of Shoji Gatoh.
Feel free to Private Message or Email me for assistance at any time.
Eagerly awaiting the release of the next Full Metal Panic!

Indy
Novice

Re: Full Metal Panic! Season 4 Announcement

Postby Indy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:50 pm

Wow this is a surprise! So so so looking forward to this. Wonder when it will be released? :)

Laevatein
Administrator

Postby Laevatein » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:11 pm

Indeed, a welcome surprise! 8-)

One could surmise a release date from the original ones: 1998 - light novel, 2000 - manga and 2002 - anime. The light novel ended in 2011, the manga ended in 2013 with the anime only since having been announced in 2015. We could then extrapolate a release date to 2017/2018 at the soonest.

It's also still uncertain which studio will produce the anime. The obvious choice, that many fans would agree with, is (Kyoto Animation). Otherwise (Gonzo).

Indy
Novice

Postby Indy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:22 pm

That would be cool. Hope it comes out about then, something to look forward to.

Personally I wouldn't be too upset if Madhouse was chosen to animate it. I liked their work on Hajime no Ippo, Death Note and others.

Laevatein
Administrator

Postby Laevatein » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:30 pm

Indy wrote:Personally I wouldn't be too upset if Madhouse was chosen to animate it. I liked their work on Hajime no Ippo, Death Note and others.

Agreed. I personally thought they (Madhouse) did a great job on One-Punch Man, which ended recently, particularly capturing the loose hand-drawn feel of the manga at times.

Laevatein
Administrator

Re: Full Metal Panic! IV (Season 4 Announcement)

Postby Laevatein » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:17 pm

So it's been revealed that the animation production will be handled by XEBEC, who are probably best known for producing the series Love Hina.

Laevatein
Administrator

Re: Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory

Postby Laevatein » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:03 pm

A preview trailer for Invisible Victory was revealed at Anime Expo in Los Angeles on the 1st July 2017.

Judging by what's shown, XEBEC have done well to capture the style of the original series.

Laevatein
Administrator

Re: Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory

Postby Laevatein » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:31 am

Kadokawa have released two promotional videos for the series on their YouTube channel:

Return to “News / Information”